Don't Just Donate, Invest.
Help Coro to build leaders who spark the transformations that make Pittsburgh thrive.
Sometimes its hard to feel like you're really making a difference; like your efforts are worth something. By donating to Coro, you invest in a renewable resource--Leaders.
Today's complex urban environments present constantly evolving challenges and opportunities, creating an increasing need for versatile leaders with the ability to forge connections and lead across the business, government, and nonprofit sectors. Coro Pittsburgh provides a distinctive opportunity for diverse, civically-minded people to develop the skills, knowledge, and networks that enable them to create unique solutions in partnership with others.
Over 1500 Coro Pittsburgh alumni are leaders in various professions, including architecture, arts, business, education, entrepreneurship, human services, politics, recreation, research, retail, and real estate. Alumni are highly engaged in revitalizing communities, as nonprofit board members, social innovators, activists, and thought leaders.
Coro partners with economically vulnerable communities--currently Wilkinsburg and Sto Rox-- that serve as sites for training leaders and building leadership capacity. Our NEXT Neighborhood Leaders Program is for residents interested in understanding challenges facing their community and working effectively with others towards comprehensive solutions. Local communities also serve as proving grounds for those in Coro's full-time professional leadership programs--the Coro Fellowship and Public Allies Pittsburgh. Participants are assigned to community-based projects where they put their leadership to the test building capacity for change to occur.
A sampling of recent Coro community leadership initiatives include:
- Updating and re-setting priorities in the Wilkinsburg Comprehensive Plan
- Creating a system-wide positive behavioral intervention and support system in Wilkinsburg Schools
- Generating a strategic plan for utilizing public art as an economic development tool in Wilkinsburg
- Developing a collaborative of youth-serving programs to better address the needs of all youth in Sto Rox
- Closing the racial achievement gap in Pittsburgh Public Schools through a universal gifted screening program. Learn more
- Encouraging woman entrepreneurship by showcasing the amazing talent of female entrepreneurs of the greater Pittsburgh region. Learn more...